It’s all the things…farmer’s markets, feet in the sand, family vacay, fireworks, flip-flops….I could go on and on!
But hot summer days also mean homeowners need to give attention to a few time-sensitive tasks around the house.
No need to stress—knock ‘em out early in the season and then get those toes back in the sand where they belong.
Here’s a shortlist of summer maintenance jobs to help get you started:
- Cut back overgrown vegetation from your home’s walls and fences.
- Inspect your exterior for loose or rotted siding.
- Wash windows inside and out.
- Service your AC and change air filters.
- Power wash your driveway and sidewalks.
- Wash and stain or reseal your deck.
- Empty out gutters and downspouts.
- Clean your dryer vent and exhaust duct.
- Service the grill by closing the lid, turning the heat on high, and letting it cook for about a half-hour.
- Refresh landscaping by adding a layer of fresh mulch (I much prefer double-ground).