Because of its nearness to New York City, Great Neck has always been a hot spot. It is the first town when entering Nassau County from Queens.
Villages & Hamlets
Great Neck includes nine villages [see below] and several unincorporated areas unincorporated communities within the Town of North Hempstead in northwest Nassau County:
- Village of Great Neck
- Village of Great Neck Estates
- Great Neck Plaza
- Kings Point
- Lake Success
- Russell Gardens
- Saddle Rock
With about 40,000 residents over a 9.6 square mile area, it is surrounded by Little Neck Bay, Long Island Sound and Manhasset Bay & more than 20 beautiful parks.Great Neck NY Market Report
Great Neck has excellent schools consistently rated top in the country. In addition, it has an amazing park district.
There are many transportation options. Firstly, there is the Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]. It is a short 24 minute commute to Penn Station. Secondly, NICE provides local bus service. Moreover, there is easy access to NYC Buses. Lastly, a shuttle provides rides to the train station.
As a result of the many things to do, the quality of life makes this suburb an ideal place to live. For instance:
- Enjoying the Gold Coast Arts Center & Gold Coast International Film Festival
- Exploring magnificent parks including Stepping Stone park
- Swimming at the Parkwood Aquatic Center in the summer
- Ice Skating or ice hockey at the Ice Rink
- The Senior Citizen's Social Center
- Adult Education classes
- What's old is new with the Great Neck Historical Society
- Exploring a plethora of delicious restaurants
- Patronizing our local businesses
- Getting your wellness on at one of the many of the specialty studios