Our summers always seem to come early, so it’s great to spend as much time outdoors as possible. Here are some of the BEST summer outdoor activities in & around Nassau County to keep you having fun this summer while exploring.
Sign up to receive weekly updates on shopping, restaurants, concerts, real estate and more fun events in Nassau County delivered to your inbox weekly!
Bethpage Air Show
To unofficially welcome summer, you must see the Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach! This annual air show is held each May on Memorial Day Weekend at Jones Beach State Park in Wantagh, New York, on Long Island.
Adventureland Amusement Park
Kick off the summer like Long Islanders have been doing for decades at Adventureland Amusement Park in Farmingdale. Opening in late June, ride roller coasters, play in bumper cars, get chills in the Mystery Mansion, and hang in the arcade.
Long Island Ducks
Another summer time staple is the Long Island Ducks minor league baseball!!! Games are played at Bethpage Ballpark in Central Islip during the summer. Tickets are super affordable & a great way to enjoy America's past time with your whole family. Long Island Duck's Kids Club members [ages 14 & under] are invited to Kids Club Day, when they can tour the ballpark, run the bases, and meet the team + Quacker Jack the team mascot!
Ocean Parkway Coastal Greenway
The FINAL leg of the Ocean Parkway Coastal Greenway was completed in March 2021. This 14-mile paved path connects Captree State Park to the Ellen Farrant Memorial Bikeway and runs along the Great South Bay.
Live Music Outdoors
There is nothing better than enjoying live music outdoors on a summer night!!! Here are just some of the weekly opportunities for live music this summer:
- Sunday, June 6 at 6pm – Cold Spring Harbor (Billy Joel Tribute) – North Hempstead Beach Park
- Sunday, June 20 at 6pm – 90’s Band (90s Tribute Band) – North Hempstead Beach Park
- Sunday, July 11 at 6pm – Something Fresh (80s Freestyle, R&B, and Today’s Hits) – North Hempstead Beach Park
- Sunday, July 25 at 6pm – Dr. K’s Motown Review (Sounds of Motown) – North Hempstead Beach Park
- Sunday, August 8 at 6pm – Street Fighter (Rolling Stones Tribute) – North Hempstead Beach Park
- Sunday, August 22 at 6pm – Material Girl (Madonna Tribute) – North Hempstead Beach Park
Concerts by Candlelight
- Thursday, May 27 at 7:30pm – Harper’s Ferry (Irish Folk) – Clark Botanic Garden
- Thursday, June 3 at 7:30pm – The Next Level Band (Caribbean) – Martin “Bunky” Reid Park
- Thursday, June 17 at 7:30pm – Genessa & The Selena Experience (Selena Tribute Band) – North Hempstead Beach Park (Amphitheatre)
- Thursday, June 24 at 7:30pm – The Remedy (Rhythmic Top 40s Rock and Country) – Whitney Pond Park
- Thursday, July 1 at 7:30pm – Luis Damon (Salsa) – Martin “Bunky” Reid Park
- Thursday, July 8 at 7:30pm – Endless Summer (Beach Boys Tribute) – Michael J. Tully Park
- Thursday, July 15 at 7:30pm – The LP’s (Music of the 70s and 80s) – Clark Botanic Garden
- Thursday, July 29 at 7:30pm – A Decade of Soul (Classic Soul and Motown) – Whitney Pond Park
- Thursday, August 12 at 7:30pm – Copperline (Music of James Taylor and Friends) – North Hempstead Beach Park (Amphitheatre)
- Thursday, August 26 at 7:30pm – Pour Some 80’s On Me (Hits from the 80s, 90s and 2000s) – Clark Botanic Garden